JEE Main 2018 is a national level entrance exam which is going to be conducted by CBSE.
Aspirants who are interested in engineering can appear in JEE Paper 1 and those who are interested in architecture may appear in Paper 2.
IIT JEE has officially released the important dates for conducting the JEE Main Exam.
The registration process for JEE Main 2018 has already completed on 2 November 2018 (Image Correction process is ongoing).
The exam will be conducted in 248 cities in India and in 10 abroad cities.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 – Details
The Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2018 shows all the basic and internal details about the exam and the question paper. Including the marking scheme, the exam pattern also depicts other aspects of the question paper such as the number of questions asked, the time duration allowed and the maximum marks of the paper. For the JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern, all the details have been provided below. Read these to know more.
- The JEE Main Paper-1 i.e. for B. Tech. and B.E. will be conducted in two modes i.e. Pen and Paper mode and Computer Based Test i.e. the online mode. The candidate can choose any one of the two modes.
- The JEE Main Paper-2 i.e. for B.Arch. and B. Planning will be conducted in the Pen and Paper mode only.
- In Paper-1, all questions will be objective type questions.
- In Paper-2, apart from the drawing test, all others will be objective type questions.
- The total time allotted to solve the paper will be 3 hours only.
- For Paper-1, the candidates will be required to attempt a total of 90 questions where 30 questions will be from Physics, 30 will be from Chemistry and 30 questions will be from the Maths subject.
- For Paper-2, questions from Maths, Aptitude and drawing will be put up.
- According to the latest JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern, the total marks of the Paper-1 will be 360 marks.
- Negative marking will be applicable. Total 1/4th marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- The medium of exam paper can be chosen and is available in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Urdu depending upon the locations.
JEE Main Syllabus 2018
JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2018
- Physics and Measurement
- Work, Energy and Power
- Laws of Motion
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Oscillations and Waves
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Communication Systems
JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus 2018
Section A: Physical Chemistry
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- States of Matter
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Surface Chemistry
Section B: Inorganic Chemistry
- General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- p – Block Elements
- s – Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- d – and f – Block Elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- Co-ordination Compounds
Section C: Organic Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Bio Molecules
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2018
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Matrices and Determinants
- Mathematical Induction
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
- Sequences and Series
- Integral Calculus
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Differential Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Vector Algebra
- Mathematical Reasoning