CAT 2016 Important Instructions
CAT 2016, here is a reminder about some important instructions.
Important Instructions for Candidates
1. Download your admit card from the CAT website (https://iimcat.ac.in). Admit Card will not
be available for download after the completion of the test.
2. Carefully read all the instructions provided on the Admit Card.
3. You need to reach the test centre by 7:30 a.m. for forenoon session or by 1:00 p.m. for the
4. Candidates reaching late (after 8:45 a.m. for forenoon / 2:15 p.m. for afternoon sessions)
WILL NOT be permitted inside the test centre.
5. Only Admit Card and original Photo ID proof will be permitted inside the test hall.
6. Applicants who have opted for using a scribe MUST also carry the duly filled Scribe Affidavit
(available on the CAT website) along with the Photo ID proof (original plus a copy) of the
7. Your Admit Card (plus scribe affidavit, if applicable) will be collected by the test invigilator
and WILL NOT be returned to you. These will be retained by the invigilator.
8. Any kind of watch, mobile phone, earphone, microphone, pager, health band or any other
electronic gadget, any printed/blank/hand written paper, pencil box, pouch, calculator etc.,
is NOT allowed inside the test centre.
9. Candidates wearing shoes or any other closed footwear, WILL have to leave the footwear
(including socks) outside the exam hall. You can wear open footwear like chappals, sandals
10. On the day of the test, your digital finger print scan will be captured. Candidates whose
finger prints cannot be digitally scanned due to reasons like applying Mehndi / henna / any
cosmetic colours etc., will not be permitted to take the test. It is strongly recommended that
you avoid applying Mehndi on your hands (palm side) for at least 5 days prior to the test
Date of CAT 2016 exam: December 4, 2016
Date of result: January (second week), 2017
@copyright BY CAT IIM 2016